The rsync server "vdmzrs.ifremer.fr" server provides a synchronization service between the "dac" directory of the GDAC with a user mirror. From the user side, the rysnc service:
- Downloads the new files
- Downloads the updated files
- Removes the files that have been removed from the GDAC
- Compresses/uncompresses the files during the transfer
- Preserves the files creation/update dates
- Lists all the files that have been transferred (easy to use for a user side post-processing)
Synchronization of a particular float, based on the data centre in charge of data processing:
- rsync -avzh --delete vdmzrs.ifremer.fr::argo/coriolis/69001 /home/mydirectory/...
- rsync -avzh --delete vdmzrs.ifremer.fr::argo/aoml/1900050 /home/mydirectory/...
Synchronization of the whole dac directory of Argo GDAC
- rsync -avzh --delete vdmzrs.ifremer.fr::argo/ /home/mydirectory/...